Sunday, August 22, 2010

"B-L-O-G! Bring that Pine Cove Blog to me!"

This summer was transforming to say the least. I would assoociate the following words with my experience at Pine Cove.

Humiliity
Redemption.
Release.
Fresh.
Limitless.
Abandonment.
Desire.
Passion.
Fun.
Devastating.
Overwhelming.

We laugh because at Pine Cove, your response to how are you is, "I'm good. It's hard... but so good." And it feels fake and vague and lame to respond that way. But in some ways that's what journeying with the Lord looks like. It looks hopeless... but so full of hope. It looks scary... but also full of peace. So yes. This summer I walked through my months and weeks and days and breakfasts, lunches, FOBs and dinners with the God of the Universe beside me. He asked for my attention to be fully His. Sometimes i surrendered allowing him to lead me. Sometimes I held on tightly to a desire to serve myself or put my significance above His... that's when i failed and he still drew me nearer to Himself.


Praise God! Praise Him for literally pulling me out of the pit of destruction! Praise Him for calling me to a greater purpose than my own success!

And still, today... in Northwest Arkansas... After a summer of seeking God's will and passionately pursuing my Savior... still today, August 22, I am in desperate need of His saving Grace. Just as in need as ever before. I will never be able to do enough or be enough to lessen my need of Jesus! Trying to live out this day without the Holy Spirit guiding me and moving in and through me is the most ridiculous choice I could make. I just can't believe how easy it is to choose that.


All in all, the Lord did work. Very real transformations took place: in the staff, in the campers, in their families even. He moved this summer. and I can't wait to see Him move today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DANG i love you fool.
come visit, =]