Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Father Daughter Day

I love my dad.

My dad has 4 girls who adore him. My mom makes 5. 5 women who treasure his words and can get enough of him.
Have you ever been proud of a parent? Over spring break i went to work with my Dad. I met his colleagues. I saw his office. I shook some hands. I was proud to be his little girl.

What if I approached the throne of God that way? What i if I expected my Heavenly Father to show me around and see all He has accomplished and is still accomplishing? What if I watched as He reveals to me all that He did and is doing so that I can really live. Just like my dad at home. He works and provides. So does our Lord... and in big ways too.

I'd like it to be evident in my words and actions that I'm proud to be His little girl.

1 comment:

Abby Jane Lorenc said...

Darling! Did you put the purple flowers up before I posted my June post? If so, then our hearts are tied across three states by little purple flower wreathes. You are my baby sister, and I am your eldest sister, and no one can change that.